Monday, January 10, 2005

You are needed now

When all is "normal" again, and millions of people are back to scrambling for food and jobs and drinking water in sub-human conditions, will we still care? Asks Amit on his India Uncut blog.

The relief effort has barely started. We need more hands now, more than ever. For the TV channels and the press, the story is stale, but for millions of others it is a nightmare that'll haunt them forever. Sending money or food is only emergency-response. If we need to get the victims back on track and help them move on, we need help from professionals from every imaginable domain. Now is the time to double-up and explore how technology can be used to speed-up rehab. Surprisingly no one is talking about post-traumatic stress (not just of the victims but also of the relief workers). If you are a psychiatrist tell us how to handle it.
It could be a solar-powered rice cooker, or a fiber-glass boat, or an economically viable water purifier; It could be anything. Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you do, just think for a moment: 'How can I help?'. And trust me, there are a million ways you can.

Facing problems in publishing info? Mail to suman[at]sumankumar[dot]com

Translate This Post:

Español | Deutsche | Français | Italiano | Português


1 Comments:

Hey

I am a 20 year old girl from Germany and would do everything to help these people. I am a nursery teacher assistent and worked a lot with children so would be able to help in an school and also I am a strong person who can carry things and cope with a lot of stress. I know that this is a chaotic situation and I am sure that I can't understand the real situation just by watching it or reading about it, but what I know is that I really wanna do something about it whatever it is... I can't just give money and sit here waiting for a change.... cause it won't happen... more people should do something!!!

please let me know how I can help you!!!!

Thank you

Kristin 

Posted by Kristin Theresa Drechsler

2:02 AM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home